In order to create a stimulating learning environment, only talented and motivated professionals are selected for the MBA programme.
The formal admission requirements are:
- University or Higher Professional Education degree,
- at least two years of relevant work experience,
- proficiency in English language.
Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing English is essential since the entire programme is conducted in the English language. Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not graduated with a degree from an English language university are advised to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Test (IELTS). Both tests measure the ability of non-native speakers to use and understand the English language in a university setting. For more information, visit www.toefl.org or www.ielts.org.
When it is documented that those formal requirements are fulfilled an individual interview will be scheduled to understand the the applicant´s motivation and to assess her/his capabilities and competencies. The Academic Advisory Board decides on admission to the programme, taking into account the professional and personal abilities of the applicant.
Those interested in a study programme in one of the MBA programmes should first review the requirements for admission.
If the requirements are met, an application form including proof of an academic degree and a resume/CV must be sent to Düsseldorf Business School GmbH.
The existence of the formal requirements for admission (to examination) will be reviewed, and the application documents will subsequently be forwarded to the Academic Advisory Board.
- In case of doubt regarding the existence of an academic degree, the relevant examination committee of the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics of Heinrich Heine University makes the final decision on behalf of Düsseldorf Business School.
- The Academic Advisory Board makes the final decision regarding admission. The basis of this decision is a selection interview, which is conducted by a member of the Academic Advisory Board with the applicant. During the interview, the fulfilling of personal requirements for the participant in the course of studies should be determined.
- The final admission is successful if the majority of the Academic Advisory Board votes for admission.
- The decision regarding admission of the participant will be disclosed in written form.
Application document set
Applications for the English language MBA “General Management” are processed and evaluated on a rolling basis. We therefore advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
The following files have to be submitted in triplicate (three binders):
- transcripts (legally certified copies),
- degree of study (legally certified copies),
- short CV with passport photo,
- proof of English language proficiency,
- proof of two years of working experience before the begin of studies (contracts, reference letters).